Sterling silver

Silver is known for its soft, white surface and is Pandora's signature metal, with the majority of our jewellery created from it.

Fact: 1 of 5

Using sterling silver alloys

It's standard practice to alloy pure silver with harder metals to improve its strength. Pandora jewellery regularly uses sterling silver: the world’s most popular silver alloy.

Fact: 2 of 5

It's still mainly pure silver

To be classed as sterling silver, the alloy must contain at least 92.5% pure silver, whereas the remaining 7.5% can be made up of other metals – most commonly copper.

Fact: 3 of 5

Same colour, same lustre, same mass

Sterling silver is ideal for jewellery use as it preserves the colour, lustre and mass of pure silver while significantly improving the metal’s durability, making it more resistant to wear and tear, meaning your favourite pieces last longer.

Fact: 4 of 5

The natural tarnish of silver

An oxidised finish is frequently used on sterling silver to highlight detail. The oxidation process imitates the natural tarnishing process, which happens to all silver over time and leaves the sterling silver with a darker finish.

Fact: 5 of 5

About the hallmarks

All authentic Pandora jewellery displays a number of hallmarks that identify the purity of the metal and the origin of the jewellery.

Be inspired

Explore sterling silver jewellery

The kindest kind of silver

Love the earth that loves you. In 2020, about 60% of the silver and gold in Pandora’s jewellery came from recycled sources. Now, we have set a target that by 2025 all of these metals must come from recycled sources.

Keep your Pandora perfect

Keep your Pandora collection as sparkly as you are! Discover how to clean your jewellery and give it the care it deserves.

Care set
_L4D2625_New_RING_N21_CMYK copy 2_ImageOverlap